Saturday, July 11, 2009

TRUST

My Mum & Dad gave me money for my birthday, so I bought this beautiful "Trust" cross from Koorong Bookstore to place in my quiet room. It's the first thing I see when I sit in my chair. The word 'Trust' has become a very special word to me since my position was made redundant at PMP Distribution, back in May. The weeks that followed while I was feeling quite heart-broken and weak and fighting feelings of depression, God was continually telling me through His Word to trust Him. On the cross it says to 'go to God for everything and to trust Him'. I love that word now because it is so very true. What appeared to be a terrible event - losing my job when we most needed the income - was actually God answering my prayers, but I just didn't know it at the time. My Saviour had it all under control but He needed me to trust Him...and I did. I wasn't worried that hundreds of people were losing their jobs and so therefore it would be harder for me to find work. I said to Pete "I don't care what's on the news or how many are out of work - I have 'the God-factor' and He has a job for me" That was about Week Three and at that moment I knew I truly was trusting my God and Saviour. I didn't feel scared - I felt quite confident that He would take care of me/us. And then a little while later God's plan was revealed (a wonderful job where I am appreciated) and I suddenly felt more alive and more confident and can now tell people "God is faithful and worthy of our trust" I have always known and believed that, but now I think it's established in my heart! At least...I truly hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment