Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Birthday

I celebrated my birthday a few weeks ago. It was a good excuse to have a couple of days away because we're always too busy & if I hadn't suggested we should make the most of Pete not having a wedding & my birthday being a Sunday, we wouldn't have done anything special.... so I jumped on the internet a couple of days before & snapped up a special deal at Outrigger Twin Towns.. For tea we found this lovely little restaurant around the side of one of the buildings in Coolangatta... Mumtaj..
They had some great specials & we arrived at 6.50pm, so just in time to get the "$10.95 all curries before 7pm." It was hard choosing what to have because they all read delicious, but we finally decided on..

Coconut rice, Nan bread, Vindaloo Lamb (hot) and Butter Chicken (mild) and boy was it delicious! We did a good job of mopping up the curry with the Nan bread so nothing was left!

Next morning we enjoyed a hot buffet breakfast which was part of the special & enjoyed our balcony before leaving to have a look at the shops in Coolangatta. I then decided (seeing as it was my birthday) that I would like to go to Point Danger which was just a few mins drive up the hill, to have a bit of lunch & look around..
But we didn't end up having lunch there because the prices at the Cafe were far too expensive...so we just enjoyed the scenery for a bit & took a couple of photos..


We were taking a photo of ourselves by holding out the camera, when a lovely, older lady jumped out of her van & asked if we would like her to take a photo for us. I'm so glad she did because I really like this photo & it's the only one of the two of us to commerate my birthday.So...where to have lunch...I opted for fish & chips & I knew a great place to have that...at the other end of the Gold Coast...so we drove to The Spit at Soutport & ordered fish & chips at a very popular spot there...
and shared chips with the seagulls that were hanging around...

No comments:

Post a Comment