Friday, May 29, 2009

From my Journal - Gradually more like Him

Reading: 2 Corinthians 3v18 The Message:
"And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become more like Him"
Gradually: not instant, immediate or now. Bit by bit, little by little, day by day. BUT as 'God enters our lives', enters MY life,(and I need to allow Him to enter) - I need to make time for Him, for us to spend time together, to enable Him to get through all the obstacles, stuff, rubbish, strongholds, barriers, that may be blocking Him from entering fully into my life. I need to watch my attitude, my tongue, my thoughts, my reactions, my responses, my tone. I need to be sure I have forgiven those who have wronged me or hurt me. I need to get rid of any resentments. I have a lot of work to do!
I want to be transfigured much like the Messiah, my life gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters my life and I become more like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment