Thursday, May 28, 2009

Time with our grandson & children
















My husband Pete and I enjoyed four days recently in Newcastle, NSW visiting our children. It was Brad's 18th birthday (he's our youngest!!) so naturally we went down to celebrate with the family. We had a lovely time being with them again and it's always extra special now, because we are grandparents.
Our little boy, Reyn, is a joy to us and any little thing he does we think is wonderful!
That's one of the wonderful things about family....we all share in the wonder and joy of the newest edition - all of us gooing and garring and laughing at the smallest thing he does. I felt a real connection with everyone there - more so than any other time - and moments like those I treasure. Being the step-mum it would be easy to not feel included, but I am included....just as much as anyone else there and I feel just as much a part of the family as if I was....and I am, and I praise God for that!
I thank and praise God that I get on so well with the children's biological mother and their half-sisters. What an amazing thing! I also thank Him that I feel just as loved by Rachel, Hayden and Brad....I love my family.




No comments:

Post a Comment