Tuesday, June 2, 2009

From my Journal - God cares for me & you!

Bible Reading: Psalm 8:3-4 The Jerusalem Bible:
"I look up at your heavens made by your fingers, at the moon & stars you set in place - ah, what is man that you should spare a thought for him, the son of man that you should care for him?"

verse 4: The Message: "Why do you bother with us? Why take a second look our way?"

v4: NIV: "What is man that you are mindful of him? The son of man, that you care for him?"

What an amazing and wonderful fact! That the God of creation, the God who made heaven and earth and all the wonders and beauty contained in it - the God who holds it all together - keeps the sun burning, keeps the earth turning - and yet, he cares for me! When I focus on Him and how great He is and think of all the beautiful things He has given for me to live and enjoy, my problems don't seem as big. What am I that He should care for me? And yet He does!! He knows the number of hairs on my head ....He knows what I enjoy and what I detest. My God knows what is happening in my world and how it affects me and how I cope and how I think and feel. He knows what upsets me and why it upsets me (I don't even know why most of the time!) My Heavenly Father knows my inner-most being, but the best part is that He loves me and cares for me and wants to help and guide me and make my world better..I am His beloved, little girl... and you know what? The God of creation loves you too! He loves us all equally, so that means you are also His beloved child. Spend some time with Him and I'm sure you'll soon know that as well, if you don't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment