Friday, October 2, 2009

The Best Place to Be

You know, I come home from a busy, demanding day at work & think that I just want to relax in the recliner & watch my favourite shows on TV & in the back of my mind I keep thinking that I should go & spend time with my God, 'cause I didn't get time before going to work. Eventually I pull myself up in the middle of a program & go to my quiet room. I light my candles, put on my rock-wall water feature, push play on the CD player that has Michael W. Smith praise & worship & sit in semi-darkness waiting on God after reading a devotions... What bliss! What peace, what rest! Why do I not make more effort to be in God's presence? There is no better place to be! And when I raise my hands in worship & sing to Him, I feel His presence & my fingers & hands tingle, (that's always how I know His anointing is present - it's been like that for years now) & I cry in His presence and love Him and know He loves me.
My dear, wonderful Father in heaven, how great thou art! There is none like you and no-one can touch my heart like you do. You are my best friend, my Lord, my saviour, my redeemer, my salvation, my rock, my foundation. You are my hope, my joy, my strength & with you I can do all things.
Dear God you are worthy of my praise, you are worthy of my trust, you are worthy of my love & you are worthy to be obeyed & worshipped.
You are to me all things and I am NOTHING without you, but WITH you I am capable of whatever it is you need me to be or do.
Make me a channel of blessing, Lord. Use me to lead the lost in my world to you.

1 comment: