Sunday, March 21, 2010

God wants to spend time with us!



From my journal:
Psalm 5:3b "I say this prayer to you Yahweh, for at day break you listen for my voice & at dawn I hold myself in readiness for you, I watch for you" (Jerusalem Bible)
This makes me feel & realise just how much I'm letting God down by not spending time with Him every morning. It says here in His Word that He "listens for my voice at daybreak" Think about how amazing that is..... the God who created everything - the world, the universe, people of all nations, gravity....the God who keeps it all in place - who has angels that bow at His feet & follow every command to the letter - who has His beloved, only son Jesus seated next to Him - and yet - He still 'listens for MY voice at day break'
He wants me to tell Him all about my world & wants me to ask for His help! He also wants my praise & adoration & love! Can you believe that?! What an amazing revelation. Surely this should not only humble me but make me realise how much He loves me & convict me to spend more time with Him!
"My wonderful Heavenly Father, how amazing is your love! Thank you for loving me so very much & for caring about me & my life. Please help me to grasp this & help me to make time to spend with you as I know when I do, it is a truly wonderful time. Amen"
This word is not just for me you know. God does not have favourites. His Word, the Bible, is as much for you as it is for me. The wonderful God of the universe listens for YOUR voice at day break too. Think about that for a moment & spend time with Him. Just talk to Him like you would your own father or your best friend or spouse. You won't regret the time you take to spend with your God. Trust me, I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment