Wednesday, February 10, 2010

10th Wedding Anniversary


It was our 10th wedding anniversary last November & since then I have been wanting to write a post about it, but only just getting around to it now!

Ten years! How that time has flown! So very much has happened in the last ten years it's hard to imagine that so much can go on in that time. It has certainly been a journey that's for sure & it is by God's grace (His unmerited favour) that we have come through & getting stronger with each passing day.

We bought this beautiful 'Willow Tree' figurene to commerate the occassion, which is simply named "Anniversary". I love the way the couple is sitting as if they are one, but yet still two individuals. It captures the essence of marriage perfectly - two individuals that become one but still individuals in their own right. At least, that's what marriage is meant to be.


We should never lose our identity or individuality but should also consider ourselves as one entity. I find it interesting how as a couple we have friends but as individuals we have different friends. It's also wonderful how that my friends & Pete's friends became 'our' friends.


Enjoy being one with your spouse/partner & always consider him/her in all decisions that are made, because what one does affects the other, because you're a couple. But...don't lose yourself...be you....continue those hobbies & interests you enjoy. Nurture those friendships you had as a single and embrace the new friendships you make as a couple. Go out & have fun with your friends on your own & enjoy the company of friends together.


Probably the best thing I love about being married is having a permanent companion. When I was single I would have to find a friend who wanted to travel with me or go away on holidays with me, but as a married woman, I always know who I will have vacations with - my wonderful man. We can plan together for the future while we share each day in the present. It's wonderful sharing the little every-day events with someone who loves me & ultimately cares very deeply about my world. I love sharing my life with Pete. Thank you God for giving me a man who loves me despite all my faults (that's the other best thing I love about marriage) Pete has seen the best & the worst of me - and yet continues to love & respect me. Praise God!


1 comment: