Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Beginning

A new year has begun!
My two candles that I burn during my quiet times were all burnt out & bent when I went to light them yesterday (New Year's Day) so I took them away & replaced them with two brand new ones. I lit them & thought how lovely they looked - how clean & shiny & perfectly shaped - & then it hit me - I was lighting two brand new candles on the first day, on my first quiet time in a brand new year!
That wasn't planned, it just 'happened' that way, but I started to wonder if that was one way my wonderful Heavenly Father was telling me that 2009 is past & gone forever & we can start anew now the new year has begun.

As I sat there & looked at my candles I couldn't help but think how tall & straight the flames were burning. They seemed so bright & strong & were barely moving - no flickering like the old ones. Tall, strong, bright & stable....

That's what I need to be this year...
God has given me a brand new job & a brand new year & He wants me to make it count & wants me to be the person He created me to be.
Last year (2009) was really tough: physically, emotionally & mentally, but this is a new year full of new beginnings & hopefully I'm stronger & better for all the trials that 2009 brought. I've learned to trust God more & know beyond a doubt that God knows what He's doing with my life & I know it all works out better in the long run.

If I forget those lessons learned last year, it will all be in vain, but if I remember & build on them & love & trust God more & spend time with Him, then like the candles, I can start this year strong, tall, bright & unwavering, because God & me together make a great team.

When I look at those candles burning during my quiet times this year, I will be reminded that it's a new year full of new beginnings & that I need to remember that God is control & I'm to trust Him fully.

1 comment:

  1. Jen! Wow! That was an amazing thoughtful insight. I'm so glad you've been made stronger through 2009 and I know lots of people (myself included) are feeling that 2010 is going to be a good year! Brian & I went through some growing and stretching and learning in '09 also (marriage relationship-wise) so we're so thankful to have a loving heavenly father to bring about the life lessons we need to grow stronger.
    Thanks so much for your candle blog.
    Love Julie

    ReplyDelete